How do I stop the bottom of my car from scraping on the driveway?
There are several ways to stop the bottom of your car from scraping on your driveway:
- Adjust the suspension: If your car’s suspension is too low, it will be more likely to scrape on driveways or speed bumps. You may be able to adjust the suspension or have a professional do it for you to raise the car higher off the ground.
- Install skid plates: Skid plates are metal plates that attach to the bottom of your car and protect it from scrapes and damage.
- Drive slowly: Taking it slow and steady when driving over driveways or speed bumps can help prevent scraping.
- Avoid steep driveways: If possible, park on level ground to avoid scraping on steep driveways.
- Check tire pressure: Maintaining proper tire pressure can help prevent scraping, as underinflated tires can cause the car to sit lower to the ground.
- Install coil spacers: Coil spacers are devices that raise the height of your car by adding space between the springs and the chassis. They can be a good option if you want to raise your car’s suspension but don’t want to adjust the suspension itself.
- Consider getting a different car: If none of these solutions work, you may want to consider purchasing a car with higher ground clearance.
- Install a driveway curb ramp.
Install a Driveway Curb Ramp
A driveway ramp can be a valuable investment for some households to help save money on car repairs by preventing damage to your car from scraping bottom when you enter and exit your driveway. Curb Ramp™ heavy duty rubber ramps for driveways feature mounting holes for fastening to the curb, a drainage channel to allow water flow underneath and a anti-slip textured surface for optimal traction.
The Curb Ramp two piece expandable set also features a built-in water channel for street drainage, a stylish frosted surface as well as tapered ends for easy entry from any approach. For non-rolled curbs, the signature Curb Ramp – Driveway Ramp Install Kit can help you get in and out of your driveway without scraping your car. Simply mix, pour and spread to create a smooth transition from road to driveway. This DIY curb ramp kit can be used to fill any size or shape driveway curb gap to eliminate the harsh bump at the driveway curb and save your car’s alignment. This option is perfect for non-standard curbs where premade ramps don’t fit.
So what are you waiting for? Try our curb ramps today and join our growing number of happy customers. Orders ship fast – plus free shipping on select items!
Quality Is Everything.
Buy Premium Ramps From A Brand You Can Trust.