Video Note: Approximately 2.5 kits were used to create this driveway ramp, which is 18′ long, 24″ from street to the top, and with a 2″ center gap.
Do a "dry-run" FIRST!
Before priming and mixing the material with the adhesive, we strongly recommend you spread the dry material to fill your driveway curb gap to make sure you’ve ordered enough material. If covers the desired area, simply sweep the material back into the container and proceed with priming and mixing. Feel free to use the video above as a guide to help estimate how much material you might need for your own driveway.
- Cars with lowered suspension and low-slung exhaust systems
- Steep driveway entrances that cause your car frame to scrape into the curb
- Deep rolled curb gaps
PHOTO: 1 KIT COVERAGE
The amount of kits required depends primarily on the width of your driveway and depth of the curb gap. For standard regulation rolled curb gaps, a single unit of Curb Ramp™ will cover about 7-9 ft when spread to fill the curb at a 20°-25° incline over 18-22”. A standard double car driveway 15-18′ wide with a rolled curb gap of ~2″ center depth requires approximately two (2) kits. Three (3) may be necessary depending on whether you are just filling the curb gap or creating a full ramp from the top of the curb to the street.
- Shape it to create a lowered-car-friendly incline to fit your unique driveway
- Slope at the ends to approach from any direction
- Add 1 ½” – 2 ½” PVC pipe underneath to create a channel for water to pass through
- Strong enough for trucks, trailers, RVs to fit your needs without removal
- Can be used on vertical or squared-off curbs
- Bonds to the curb so it stays put
- Holds up in extreme cold and heat
Each kit comes with the material you need for installation.
- 40 lb Curb Ramp™ Material
Note: The primer and adhesive comes in a single 1 gallon can. Use ~1 quart to prime the curb and the rest to mix with the material. Individual 1 Gallon Adhesive units are available for extra primer, mixture, and/or *topcoat. For more details, please refer to the installation instructions.
- PVC Pipe (..optional, for water drainage..)
- Paint Roller w/ Tray (..optional, for top-coating..)